How fix error in Import of PST file in outlook 2013?
18th February, 2014
Apart from providing features of personal information manager and email client, Outlook 2013 provides facility to import and export PST file. Anyone can come across situation where it becomes important to transfer PST file from one PC to another. These situation arises specially when user works on Outlook on more than one computer. Frequent import and export of PST file also arises when Outlook is used for business purpose. Transferring of PST file let the user to move messages, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, emails, journals, etc from one PC to another. To perform such transfer, Outlook 2013 provides Import and Export Wizard. Using this wizard, user can do both, restoration of PST file and transfer of PST file.
Steps to perform such transfer are mentioned below:
- Goto File -> Open & Export -> Import/Export. It will launch the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select the option “Import from another program” and click “Next”.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click “Next” button.
- Select the location from where PST file has to be imported.
- For the duplicates, user will have to visit “Option” menu.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- If the PST file is password protected then user will be asked for that, provide it and click OK.
- Click Finish.
But sometimes the PST files fails to import in Outlook 2013 or on other versions showing error in between. The error occcurs mainly because of damage in the PST file. Once the personal folder file gets damaged then it fails to transfer from one system to another displaying errors. There can be some problems responsible for this error, some of them are mentioned below:
- Outlook which is importing the file and the file which is being imported are having the same nomenclature.
- The attribute of the PST file is set to read-only.
- Imported PST file is damaged.
To resolve issues related to error while importing PST file in Outlook 2013, user will have to use inbuilt repair utility, scanpst.exe tool. This is inbuilt utility of Outlook and can be located in the Outlook folder of Program Files. Launch this tool to fix the error. If the tool fails to fix the error then go for third party automatic Outlook PST repair tool. The third party tool will definitely fix the the damage of PST file and recover all the data from it.