Guide to Resolve Outlook 2010 Quits Responding Unexpectedly Issue
For all Outlook users, the most inevitable problem faced time and again and most importantly from which users cant stay away from at all is that of PST file corruption. More functionality means more access and in turn more issues. This actually in cases even become more harder for people to take note off as volume of data files is comprised within the same and even slight problems may make all of them inaccessible and useless. The fact that Outlook comprises of a central data store, personal folder where all data items from – emails, notes, contacts, calendar to more are stored creates even more trouble for the user as in instances of issues arising with the same all those would be rendered unusable and this restricts users from accessing it in any way possible. It is quite well known that damage and instances alike may arise within personal folder files at any point of time for good number of reasons ranging from the most simpler to complex ones as a result of which you may find that Outlook 2010 quits unexpectedly.
Outlook 2010 quits responding in cases of acute trouble lying with the same. Even Outlook 2010 quits on Windows 7 and that is the time proper accessibility of the file items is momentarily stopped. To fix thereoff and make file data usable once again thereafter, it is suggested using an equipped PST Repair Tool and this becomes even more obvious for cases, users lack an updated backup to restore data from.
Taking instance of a particular scenario as such, where Outlook 2010 is used on Windows and suddenly upon launching the very program to have access to items stored within you may find that Outlook 2010 quits. This happens ever again you try to have access to data items customized within, with the application left frozen & crashed as before.
From the error signature that is generated alongside error, reads the following info -
What causes errors in Outlook 2010 that it quits unexpectedly ?
Owing to the abrupt Outlook performance, it is quite obvious that the PST file attached with the profile is a corrupt one. Also, it is essential to note that since corruption of PST is one of the most severe issues , effective repair methodologies need to be implemented such that proper resolution is done at the right point of time.
How to resolve Outlook 2010 quits unexpectedly error ?
Following section describes, a series of steps to be taken over in order to get rid of issues observed and to make PST usable once again -
- Close Outlook Application
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14
- Double click on the scanpst.exe file to execute it
- Once the application gets started, browse through it and select the PST file to be repaired. The default location for the file being – C:\Users\username\My Documents\Outlook Files
- After having the file selected, click the start button in from the Inbox Repair Tool window
- Once scanning is completed, the errors could be reviewed from the window,
- Here, users do have the option of making data backup and following this actual repair work could be taken over
- Once repairing process has successfully been done, just click on OK
- In the folder where the file was originally stored, three file viz. Filename.bak. Filename.log and filename.pst for backup, log and repaired copy could found
The repaired copy of file could thereafter be accessed so as to allow easy operation of email and related data items. However, in instances there lies any problem with it, it is suggested making use of Outlook PST Repair Tool for efficient repair & restore of the personal folder items. The utility ascertains effective fix and restoration of emails, notes, contacts, calendar and other items of the personal folder and does comply with all versions of MS Outlook – from Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 etc and is supported on all Windows system – XP, Vista, Server 2003, Windows 7 and 8.